Guildhall Multi Storey Car Park (MSCP), located in Exeter Town Centre and part of the Harlequins Shopping Centre, saw Concrete Repairs Ltd (CRL) undertake an extensive and unique refurbishment of the 1970s built reinforced concrete structure.
Scope of Works:
- Removal of existing 5,600 square metres of asphalt surfacing
- Installation of a long-life waterproofing membrane
- New colour demarcated parking spaces, pedestrian walkways, direction arrows and line markings
- Application of anti-carbonation coatings
- Installation of 400 metres of an continuous crash barrier and an anti-climb system
- Installation of new CCTV system
- CO2 Detection equipment
- Installation a new ‘Pay on Foot’ system
- Construction of a new MSCP Management Office
Throughout the project, CRL minimised potential disruption to residents and motorists, as well as adjacent shops and businesses through methodical planning and constant communication with all who were affected.
Local businesses were issued with a weekly newsletter in order to keep them updated regarding progress and to advise where and when specific locations would be worked on and were invited to a pre-arranged meeting to advise and discuss the schedule of works. To assist shoppers, works were phased to provide as many parking spaces as possible ensuring minimal loss of trade for local businesses.
Uniquely the project also included the installation of carbon monoxide measuring equipment linked to ventilation fans, switching them to ‘action’ in order to clear the CO2 when levels rose.
Client: Exeter City Council
Final Contract Value: £800,000
Please click on any of the images below to view a larger, more detailed Guild Hall Multi-Storey Car Park image, or alternatively visit the Image Gallery Home Page